Skip to main content

Ketamine Chronicles

 

Daily Sub-Dissociative Low-Dose Oral Dissolving Ketamine

Form: Lozenge
Minimum Dose: 20mg
Maximum Dose: 120mg

I was on this starting in 2021 and my last time doing Ketamine this way was December of 2024. It was the closest to taking a daily antidepressant out of the 3 ways I have tried it. I did not feel any active 'trip' phase or experience any dissociative effects. Overall, it gave me steady symptomatic relief, less emotional numbness, improved insomnia, better stress tolerance, lower anxiety and rumination. It is always more effective when paired with individual therapy, and regular self driven coping skill practice/self regulation.

Weekly/Bi-Weekly Guided Psychedelic/Dissociative Experience

Form: Oral Disintegrating Tablet
Minimum Dose: 200mg
Maximum Dose: 800mg
Duration: Active effects for 2 to 4 hours (followed by a 7 day period of increased neuroplasticity)

This has been my main treatment since January 2025 and it was life changing, and gave me high symptomatic relief and long stable periods of remission. The specific company I chose is really good and supplies a lot of guided meditations and journal prompts to help me get the most of the experience. There is a distinct active phase of the medication where there is a psychedelic experience with extremely vivid visuals. I have had a lot of realizations and revelations about life and myself during these. It has also allowed me to completely change how I mentally see my past and certain traumatic events. It makes connections I was not aware of that have been invisibly pushing my behavior for years. The way I connect my present and past has also rapidly changed. It has given me the courage and curiosity to deeply explore uncomfortable questions about life that I have been avoiding. After the 90 to 120 minute trip ends, there is still a sort of high for an hour or two. During this phase I feel intensely connected to my loved ones and other people in general. I feel a deep satisfaction and sense of contentment, and my rest feels rejuvenating and energizing. I feel motivatived, creative, and deeply inspired. What I do, see, and feel before and after this have a big impact on me so that has forced me to restructure and re-evaluate my life to be slow. mindful, intentional, and positive.

8 Week Spravato Nasal Spray Course

Form: Nasal Spray
Dose: 84 mg 
Duration: Active effects for 60 to 90 minutes (followed by a 7 day period of increased neuroplasticity)

I did this in the summer of 2025 although I only got half way through due to issues with the clinic I was recieving treatment. In the preparation materials the active period of this medication (the high which fades far faster than the neuroplastic window that gives Ketamine its true potential) was supposed to last last an hour or so and feel mildly trippy. I did not experience much during this phase besides 2 or 3 instances of vague geometric visuals. I listened to a guided meditation I picked before hand and also had a guided journal produced by Spravato which was surprisingly good. There was still marked differences in my thought patterns so thinking things through during this active phase was very productive. I experienced some mild nausea but no major side effects. While it was not a bad experience, this was not the best either it just felt like the light version of what I was doing before and after (weekly high dose oral)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TMS vs SSRI Medications

Before I decided to pursue TMS, I did a lot of research. I am going to share that research here.  I also will quickly explain TMS therapy. TMS helps depression, anxiety, and other conditions by stimulating parts of the brain that are underactive and calming down parts of the brain that are over-active. It uses MRI strength magnetic pulses to do this. There have been studies of TMS for its positive impacts on depression, anxiety, OCD, smoking cessation, PTSD, stroke rehabilitation, schizophrenia, Parkinsons and Alzheimers, and it even can help chronic pain conditions like fibromyalgia and multiple sclerosis. Not all of these are FDA approved [such as the ones for Parkinsons and Alzheimers] but the future of TMS treatment is constantly changing and expanding! It is usually covered by insurance as long as your depression is treatment resistant and the TMS center has approved you as a patient. If antidepressants and psychotherapy don't work for you, Medicare will cover TMS ...

Comparing TMS Machines

An Introduction Apollo :  The Apollo TMS therapy system is developed and manufactured in Germany by Mag& More, a TMS specialist with more than 15 years of experience. Apollo is designed to make TMS therapy easy and intuitive to use for the operator. In May 2018, Apollo received FDA clearance for the 37.5 and 19 minutes treatment of Major Depressive Disorder [MDD] in adult patients who have failed to receive satisfactory improvement from prior antidepressant medication in the current episode. Bransway Deep :  In January 2013, the FDA approved Deep TMS therapy developed by BrainsWay. Deep TMS therapy penetrates a deeper and boarder area of the brain than traditional TMS treatment. It treats adult patients suffering from Major Depressive Disorder who have failed to achieve satisfactory improvement through various antidepressant medication treatments. In August of 2018, BrainsWay became the only TMS provider FDA-cleared for treatment of OCD using Deep TMS therapy. It...

Days 25 to 36 of TMS

Day 25 Today I was struggling to eat before treatment. My tech had been speaking with others and doing research to make sure it would be safe for me to skip eating or eat less before treatment. It was comforting to know I didn't have to force myself to eat.  Day 26 Today treatment went very smoothly today. We have a nice routine going. I usually come early, heat up my pop tart and eat it while we go through daily questions, then get in the chair and adjust myself. After that we put my favorite show on the TV and do high frequency [20 minutes] and low frequency [8 minutes] of treatment. Before we start there is always a test pulse which calibrates the machine.  Day 27 I did a MT check today, which is usual. They happen about once a week and there are fast or long ones on the neurostar machine. When it comes to the motor threshold you do have to report your daily meds & any med changes. However, only a small group of meds change your MT.  ...